The full resource can be found here: https://www.aidansevers.com/product-page/calculating-with-fractions-addition
This free sample contains the first 5 objectives of the resource described below:
Adding two fractions (same denominator) (as found on the 2017 arithmetic test, Q3)
- With no simplification, no conversion to mixed number (+ Answers)
- With simplification, no conversion to mixed number (+ Answers)
- With conversion to mixed number, no simplification (+ Answers)
- With conversion to mixed number and simplification (+ Answers)
- With conversion to mixed number where the answer is one whole (+ Answers)
This resource breaks down the single objective of 'adding with fractions' into 35 bite-sized sub-objectives (see images for this breakdown).
For each of these 35 objectives there is a one-pager containing a worked example, a written guide to completing the worked example and 8 practice questions. Each one-pager has an accompanying answer page.
In addition, there is an assessment, split into manageable parts, so that you can easily identify exactly which aspects of addition with fractions your children need to work on - this assessment is referenced to the sub-objective list so that you can easily select the one-pager each child needs.
This 84-page PDF is hyperlinked for ease of navigation - you can go to each one-pager or answer page in one click.
You can read more about this resource here: https://www.aidansevers.com/post/new-resource-calculating-with-fractions-addition
top of page
bottom of page